Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Sunday, February 6, 2011
No matter what their background - Chinese, Indian, Russian, Pan Asian, Indonesian... they all unique and beautiful in my eyes. Some are even attached to me that they sometimes called me Mama :-) Attachment is important to build trust especially when a child is placed in unknown environment to them, and detached from their parents momentarily. The first two weeks when the children experienced separation anxiety was the hardest for us all. Them crying out (some even cried for all day long!) and I too feel for them. Lost and wanting their mothers so badly. Eventually, they settled down and amazingly some adjusted very well in a just a few days. And the fun begun - music and movement (and laughter), jolly phonics and just goofing around with the kids are enough to make me feel fulfilled for the day. Not working at the desk. Not looking at financial models day in and out. Not attending meetings to discuss the same issue over and over. So what if its 90% pay cut than before? So what is people think its not so prestige occupation? I'm happy and I'm looking forward to see my children every single day :-)
Monday, December 27, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Thursday, December 2, 2010
- You have the loudest scream and cry compared to your big sis and bro (which drove me up the wall at times!)
- Your monstrous bites - yes, the time you bit me while you fed on me and I bled... and those times you went around biting people.. you scare the pants out of me with your no mercy bites! Come to think of it, you had your vampire teeth first rather than the middle ones. Guess Mama watched too much of twilight and dreamt of Edward (shh ..don't tell Papa)
- You called out mamama when you're about 8-9 months. A sweet song to my heart. You make big sis jumped when you clearly uttered "kaakak!"
- Your development is amazing, turning on your tummy at about 2-3 months, first tooth at 4th month and by the time 8th month- you have full grown 8 teeth! Though you were doing you commando crawl till about 7th month, you're took tottering steps few weeks back and on this day, you're walking on your on own two cutie feet! Soon, you'll be running... but not too soon my darling :-)
- You're the champion of shortest napper and lightest sleeper in the whole wide world. Oh boy... sleepless nights, I was baby brain for many months. Still now, you hardly sleep like a baby.
- Our snuggly moments. You're such a big snuggler, you would snuggle and snuggle till you fall asleep. How I love that!
- You love azan. You would stop whatever you do to listen to azan till finish. It must be the miraculous connection there with Allah (SWT), your Creator
Mama can go on and on how you colour our life this past year. You, your big sister and brother are my jewels. You all make me a better person and I'm so privileged to be your mother. And I thank Allah (SWT) for every minute of it.
Be well my love. Be a good Muslim. Be kind to all, no matter background, race or religion. Be kind to animals. Give back to the society as much as you can.
Happy first birthday Kaiden Ikliluddyn.
Friday, November 12, 2010
We (mommy and kiddos) were anxiously anticipating this day since we knew about it about a month ago. So the minute... no, the second Kya returned from school today, we jumped into the car and wooshhhh to South City Plaza (I seriously wished we had a magic carpet).
Monday, October 18, 2010
Do you know that to date there's more than 41 million Billy Bookcases sold worldwide? Wow! A simple case.
What does your bookcase say about you? - an article from TIMES about the Billy bookcase and to my wonder, what we choose to display or have on our shelves speaks about personalities. Ye ke? I'm a bit shy to post picture of my bookcases - some are quite organized, some remained untouched for yonks of years (terselit katak mati pon tak tau), and some are just upside down (esp with the kids shelves)!